Email Direct Marketing
Software developer PostalWorks had put together a nice set of software features and tools that would manage an email direct marketing campaign. In late 1999 they had a potential corporate buyer for their product, so they contracted with The Communication Studio to pull it all together into an interactive, easy-to-use, saleable package.
Soon after I came on board PostalWorks successfully sold their email Direct Marketing Campaign Manager as the flagship product to TMP Worldwide, which is now known as Monster.com.
The Value Proposition
Challenges & Solutions
Our task was to identify the functional requirements and create a fully-featured interactive design model so that a graphic design team could create HTML pages for the front end of their product. Within 3 months I gave them a working prototype wireframe modeled in Visual Basic and a completely seamless, thoroughly documented, richly
- Process Set up a new campaign. Handle client information, campaign environment, permissioning, etc.
- Maintain a complete library of all campaign collateral materials.
- Full range of direct marketing message creation and editing tools, including stylesheet, preview, dynamic links & attachments, notification triggers.
- Define timing agenda and schedule when direct marketing messages are to be sent.
- Segment and target the customer groups.
- Define the rules, triggers and conditions for automating the email campaign.