Electronic Yellow Pages
NYNEX: Multiple Corporate Projects
As the interactive industry developed, the telephone giant NYNEX saw the opportunity to leverage their position as a networking leader in the new media arena.
The Value Proposition
In the mid-80's NYNEX approached The Communication Studio to design screen prototypes for a range of potential market applications:
- Point-of-Sale Advertising Kiosks
- Customer self-service White Page directories
- Electronic Yellow Pages
- Online Business Directories
- Interactive advertising
- Foreign language sites
- Target Marketing
- Specialty magazines
- Corporate Presentations
We prototyped Nynex's proposal for an in-house public Electronic Signage for the newly-built Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City.
We prototyped a mapping system that would allow NYNEX to:
- run billboard announcements within the convention center
- sell advertising and directions to local busnesses
- market interactive electronic coupons
- display convention center activity schedules
We also licensed our Design Tools to NYNEX's internal business and production systems units.