In-Bank Direct Sales
Prudential InsurancePrudential already had an online public-facing website that allowed customers to apply for term life insurance in a self-service environment. The next phase was to provide an in-bank version of the web-based service which would allow client Bankers to assist their customers in buying term life insurance from their desk in the bank.
The Value Proposition
Because of the complex Banker/Customer process in the in-bank environment, we needed to:
- Identify workflow deltas between the customer self-service and banker-assisted models
- Integrate the Banker-oriented application tofunction seamlessly with the existing public site
- Reconcile Customer Acquisition with Post-Issue support,
- Liaise with marketing designteam to deliver direct marketing messages
- Stylistically seamless with the "public" customer self-service site
"Across the board" services:
- Identify, record and reconcile business needs that were unique to the in-Bank environment
- Liaise with and identify stakeholders to resolve practical issues
- Extensive prototype modeling (including task-oriented workflows)
- Design management
TCS identified one of the unanticipated challenges of this project: Prudential needed to provide effective management tools for the Bank administrators.
We worked with the business side to help identify necessary business rules and then modeled a set of screens to handle these additional processes in a flexible, scalable fashion.