Global Commodity Trading
Bunge Global Markets
Design leadership for a complex intranet-based suite of services for
this global commodities firm. Focus on
trading and fulfillment, risk management, strategic planning, reporting,
customer assistance. Reported directly to CIO on usability and portal
The Value Proposition
Business Portal Design
Provided a clickable site model that conformed to the workflow, allowed stakeholders to sign-off on the experience, and served as design guide for the development team.
The primary goal was to provide a usable, manageable, efficient "portaled" working environment across the major business task areas:
Execution & Settlement
Shipping & Storage
Planning & Projections
Risk Management & Reporting
Trade Records & Reporting
- Identify and map the taxonomy of the Business Processes.
- Provide HTML page templates, CSS stylesheets and interaction models to guide code development.
- Advise on content management issues
- Construct and implement information architecture through CSS and templates
Training / Reporting / Support
- Designed materials to assist in global rollout initiative (training & user acceptance materials).
- Created print & electronic marketing materials for use with both internal and external clients.
Bunge's flagship trading service went live internationally in the spring of 2005.