Enterprise Social Network
Alcatel-Lucent / Bell LabsThe Intuitive Collaborative Design group (ICD) was charged with implementing a social networking and collaboration platform across Bell Labs. A primary focus was on integrated messaging and workflow collaboration.
The Value Proposition
- Advocate proven marketplace UX insights to the design group; especially social networking
- Quick modeling turnaround in an Agile environment speeds development
- Team UX/UI resource for"best practices", styling, tools, and features
ICD was charged with creating an enterprise collaboration model focused on leveraging the intellectual and professional environment at Bell Labs. We needed to :
- Focus on communication and collaboration
- Communicate the value and ease of social networking to stakeholders
- Improve styling and UI behaviors
- User-centric viewports across all feature areas and engineered in relevant cross-linking.
- Formalize the webpart structure into a set of content areas and social networking features that could be invoked fluidly from anywhere in the system.
- "Iconize" functionality for easy identification and comprehension
- Make the interactive features of the site engaging and self explanatory (Welcome page, FAQ's and UI behaviors)
- Highly integrated messaging
- Workflow collaboration models
- Present UX insights as part of the team's White Paper presentations.
Here's a "presentation-oriented" annotated wireframe for the Collaborative Developer's Workspace. It maps some of our approach to social networking for the enterprise.