University Library Site
USMA West PointWest Point unveiled its new library building in the 2008 school year. They wanted their online library site to be a fitting showcase for the new facilities - and to approach library services in a new way.
The Value Proposition
TCS provided a functional and presentational makeover of this university library website based on a broad set of needs.
- Identify primary audiences (Student Cadets, Faculty, Library Administrators and Visitors) and their workflows
- Simplify navigation and information structure, with an eye towards end-user needs
- Enable and support Student and Faculty "self-service"
- Define administration and maintenance toolsfor the Library Staff
- Supply the project team with process tools, documentation and guidance in a "virtual" working environment
- Provided a clickable site model that conformed to the workflow, allowed stakeholders to sign-off on the experience, and served as design guide for the development team.
- Emphasize most-used features to the forefront with calls to action
- Integrated tools allow Library Administrators to customize outreach to target audience groups.
- Online Reference Desk is the site's focal point for access to library resources.
- Faculty can connect their course syllabus directly to Library holdings
- Search tools so that Student Cadets can self-service quickly and easily.